This page contains enriched content visible when JavaScript is enabled or by clicking here. Skip to Main Content

Borrow

Interlibrary loan

What if CTS does not have the book I need?

Search the I-Share network of Illinois libraries or WorldCat, a worldwide database of local, national and international libraries. Once you find the item needed, you can place an interlibrary loan request and the book will be delivered to you either at the CTS Library or to your home. 

I-Share Borrowing

The Learning Commons is a member of I-Share, a network of academic and research libraries in Illinois.

When searching for materials in the Learning Commons, you can request physical items (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) from other I-Share libraries.

Here's how:

screenshot of OneSearch search box

1. Enter your search terms in OneSearch.

screenshot of OneSearch sign-in

2. From the results page, sign into your account.

Screenshot of OneSearch login screen

3. Select "Current CTS Students, Staff, Faculty"

Screenshot of I-Share link

4. When you find the book you need from the search results page, click on the book title.

A new window will appear with detailed information about the book. Scroll down to the section labeled "Get it," and click on the I-Share link.

screenshot of I-Share request form

5. A request form will appear with information about the book you want already filled out.

You will need to select which library you wish to borrow the book from, and where you wish the book to be sent. If you wish the book to be mailed to you, please indicate so in the comment section.

Screenshot of I-Share confirmation message

6. A confirmation message will display when your I-Share borrowing request was successfully sent.